Edge Fill Syntactic Epoxy
Aerospace designs require low density, high strength, performance materials. The interiors of an aircraft are often made from a combination of low density honeycomb, foam, and composite materials. In an edge fill application, a syntactic foam is applied to a honeycomb material to finish cut edges of the Structure. ResinLab’s line of edge fill products are epoxy syntactic foams that utilize glass and/or polymeric microspheres to reduce density and improve machinability. They provide excellent protection against water, humidity, salt spray and other chemicals, plus pass FAR 14 CFR Part 25.853 (a) 60 second vertical burn test. All ResinLab edge fill products are formulated to a simple 2:1 mix ratio for use in side-by-side cartridges or meter mix and dispense equipment as seen in this below.
|Product ID||Appearance||Volume Ratio||Sg Mixed||Work Life||Hardness||Sand Time||FAR 25-853||Documents|
|EP1287||Orange||2:1||0.60||4-6 minutes||60 Shore D||1.5 hours||Passes||TDS SDS-A SDS-B|
|EP1294||Yellow||2:1||0.57||8-12 minutes||55 Shore D||4-6 hours||Passes||TDS SDS-A SDS-B|
|EP1400||Gray||2:1||0.55||90-120 minutes||53 Shore D||9-12 hours||Passes||TDS SDS-A SDS-B|
|EP1405||Green||2:1||0.69||8-10 minutes||70 Shore D||2.5 hours||Passes||TDS SDS-A SDS-B|
|EP1407||Gray||2:1||0.70||1-5 minutes||65 Shore D||30-40 minutes||Passes||TDS SDS-A SDS-B|
- ResinLab edge fill epoxies are low density syntactic foams ranging in cured specific gravities of 0.55 to 0.70 Grams/CC.
- These edge fill epoxies are filled with high burst strength hollow glass microspheres that are designed to provide structural strength, as well as smooth edges to aircraft interior honeycomb panels.
- All ResinLab edge fill formulas have a convenient 2:1 by volume mix ratio and are designed to be applied in smooth non-sag beads via side-by-side cartridges and/or meter mix dispense equipment.
- Every ResinLab edge fill epoxy is flame retardant and is certified to FAR 14 CFR Section 25.853(a) vertical burn test.
- These ResinLab edge fills offer a wide range of work or pot lives, as well as times from mix to machinability, also known as sand times. Work lives vary from a few minutes with resulting sand times in 30-40 minutes to a work life of up to two hours with 9-12 hour sand times.
- Each edge fill formula has a unique color for easy identification and differentiation.